Whiplash Injury Documentation
In this short video, Dr. Martin Schmaltz explains some of the critical procedures and forms used to document the severity of a personal injury case. Such information as
- Algometeric pain threshold testing
- Oswestry Disability forms
- Rivermead Postconcussive Questionnaire
- CDC’s Acute Concussion Evaluation form.
Proper use of these tests and assessment tools provide the documentation:
- If a concussion has been suffered
- Lowered pain threshold of injured tissue
- Disabilities regarding self-care and Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
This information is crucial to determining the extent of a patients injury, removing it from the typical “strain/sprain” or “soft tissue” classification.